StarWind HyperConverged Appliance Review

We managed to achieve uninterrupted IT infrastructure work and peace of mind.

What is our primary use case?

Before implementing the StarWind solution, we had standalone servers with Hyper-V on top. With this IT infrastructure, there was no fast and easy way to restore virtual machines (VMs) from backup if a Hyper-V host failed. The process and time it took to restore the VMs from backup were long and tedious. Moreover, there were no constant availability of applications and the necessary protection of the agency’s data. We required a solution with the help of which it would be possible to build a highly available (HA) and fault-tolerant (FT) IT environment at a price affordable for a ROBO’s budget.

How has it helped my organization?

We chose StarWind HyperConverged Appliance because it could be easily integrated into the existing IT infrastructure. Being a 100% software-defined hyperconverged platform, StarWind HCA leveled the possibility of hardware or software issues in the case of the Hyper-V host failing. All the critical VMs have been migrated to StarWind HCA, and if a failure of Hyper-V host occurs, automatic failover of VMs to the other node without any service interruptions is observed. Thanks to synchronous failover clustering, a non-stop application availability and unbeatable data security were ensured. We managed to build a fault-tolerant and highly available IT environment with a reliable and cost-effective solution. We also took advantage of StarWind ProActive Support AI. Support administrators kept continuous track of the system's status and informed about critical issues. So, with StarWind HCA we managed to achieve uninterrupted IT infrastructure work and peace of mind.

What is most valuable?

• Proactive monitoring and support
  • The ability to achieve high availability.

What needs improvement?

None so far.  StarWind has met our needs, exceeded our expectation, and increased our system up-time and availability.

Less than one year.

What other advice do I have?