StarWind Virtual SAN Review

Fast and reliable mirroring of our security center ensures continuity in case of disaster

What is our primary use case?

The use of the StarWind solution does not have to be just a strictly IT domain.
In my case, we needed to find and implement a solution that guaranteed the supervision of security systems in the scenario of a full disaster of our main center of supervision.
To achieve that, we needed to use technology that would give us fast and reliable data replication between two supervision centers and would not ruin our security department budget. On the other hand, the solution must be easy to administrate with the tools we had.

StarWind Virtual SAN was a bulls-eye. Now, we can transfer the full spectrum of information to remote infrastructure that allows us to ensure continuity, which means better security for the company. The StarWind Virtual SAN management console is intuitive and easy to use.

How has it helped my organization?

Since the implementation of StarWind Virtual SAN, we achieve fast and reliable data replication in the full spectrum. The main operations security center is backed up to maintain the continuity of security systems operations in case of loss of the main operations center.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the fast and reliable data replication between main and backup operations centers using a virtual environment.

Second: Good price :-)

Third: The StarWind Virtual SAN management console is intuitive and easy to use in day to day administration.

What needs improvement?

It would be great if the Linux version of the management console offered the same features as Windows.

Less than one year.

StarWind Virtual SAN meets all of the expectations in terms of stability for data replication and failover tests.

The scalability is very good.

Our experience is that we get a fast response from technical support.

No other solution was used for data replication.

The initial setup was straightforward.

Implementation was performed through a vendor team with a high level of experience.

This solution has a great price for the functionality.

No other options were evaluated.

What other advice do I have?

In my case, in the day-to-day use, I don't see much area for improvement for StarWind Virtual SAN solution. It's fast, reliable, and almost meets all of my expectations.