StarWind Virtual SAN Review

Fast integration, cost-effective, and excellent support

What is our primary use case?

We tried StarWind because the other solutions we tried were not doing enough, and the performance of this solution was very good. The price is cheaper than other solutions. The physical server was very useful to set up a designer virtual server.

How has it helped my organization?

This solution has given us real-time synchronization to make sure we don't have a single point of failure. Our company works seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day, and doesn't have the time to cut the production infrastructure.

The StarWind solution, in conjunction with our backup and disaster recovery strategy, provides improved performance and resilience.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of this solution is the support. They are excellent and you can learn a lot from the support team.

We have benefited a lot from its fast integration.

What needs improvement?

I wish there was online support because email return takes a long time and a faster solution should be found.

We have been using StarWind Virtual SAN for less than six months.

We have been using the product for a short time but have not seen any glitches.

The drives have been resized. This caused the loss of data and we noticed that you need a third-party vehicle. StarWind Training could do this. Scalability was very good in this respect.

Installation is not too complicated, but there should be more auxiliary resources. We used virtual and physical servers in the application. We have created a large number of virtual servers.

It took about three months from placing the order to fully up and running.

The StarWind team can do the installation together and help. You learn a lot from the support team. The installation takes a long time but the result is excellent.

Even though we got rid of our SAN, we are still getting higher performance for significantly less outlay, dollar-wise. It is more efficient on the management side. The technical advice and support is quite good.

The price is more affordable than other solutions. The product is excellent in value and benefit.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, the Starwind software, support, and implementation was great. I would highly recommend it.

Google
More StarWind Virtual SAN reviews from users
...who work at a Construction Company
...who compared it with Microsoft Storage Spaces Direct
30-days for free

Try it today

Learn what your peers think about StarWind Virtual SAN. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
511,773 professionals have used our research since 2012.