Statseeker Review

We use it on a daily basis, mainly for incident management.

What is most valuable?

The features that we use are as follows:

• The out of the box graphs are excellent to look at trends very quickly going back a few days to a year, this saves a lot of time when carrying out IM.
  • The ability to change interface speeds so that some higher level of granularity can be seen.
  • We consistently use the fast graphing function when conducting IM. It is really easy and intuitive to use so even non technical people can use it with little or no training.

How has it helped my organization?

We have used this product since the organization was established and it has been a integral part of our business as usual functions and I would suggest that if we stopped using it then this would have a negative impact on our operations.

What needs improvement?

Keep it simple, the product works so I would not over complicate it. The only thing I would add is to keep improving the Netflow analysis interface this is something that we find very useful.

We have used this application for nearly 13 years in a major network of around 700 WAN sites.

No, we find the product extremely stable, noting that as a health provider we don’t use the latest version or beta versions.

Not so far, we have around 2500 mainly Cisco devices in our current version and have not had any issues so far.

Statseeeker have been very good communicators and are always willing to assist. The truth is we set it up and it runs so we really don’t use any support but are thankful for the small number of times we have called on Statseeker support.

We also use a number other network tools such as CA eHealth, Cisco Prime, Splunk, etc. concurrently, some of these tools have real strengths but so does Statseeker as outlined above. From our experience, large networks requires more than one tool and a mix will give better results to the business.

The setup is pretty straightforward, the tool does an SNMP get from the MIBs and loads it up which is a very simple process.

As stated above, we concurrently use a number of tools and have looked at others but most have issues with licensing, scalability, complexity of setting it up, etc. We have found the Statseeker product to be very easy to set up, it runs and is easy to use so are very happy with it.

What other advice do I have?

Make sure that your naming convention is kept the same to make it easier to search use all lower case as capitol letter are treated differently to lower case.

I would rate the product as 8 out of 10, it is a robust application that we use on a daily basis mainly for incident management.

3.5.1
More Statseeker reviews from users
...who work at a Healthcare Company
...who compared it with SolarWinds NPM
Learn what your peers think about Statseeker. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: December 2020.
455,301 professionals have used our research since 2012.