Statseeker Review

Traffic Analyzer validates the source and destination, how much bandwidth is being consumed, and the protocols being used.

What is most valuable?

My favorite feature is Traffic Analyzer (NetFlow). I use this part of the tool nearly every day to validate what traffic (source and destination) is communicating, how much bandwidth they are consuming and what protocols they are using. It assists in troubleshooting immensely. We use the alerting features to notify of performance issues, device outages, and firewall failover situations. We have used the historical data tool many times to review historical performance. Since it keeps all historical data, we can get pretty much everything we need.

How has it helped my organization?

When we have bandwidth spikes or outages, we use this tool to analyze what device or devices are causing the issue. Then, we evaluate the data and the case, and decide how to proceed with configuration changes to prevent the issue from recurring.

What needs improvement?

We would like to see improvements in reporting and multiple-user integration. Reporting has everything you can think of, but it can be cumbersome to set up and tweak the reports to get the exact data you want. When setting up multiple users with AD authentication, it is a bit tricky and problematic. I wish this had an easier integration.

I have used Statseeker for 14 months.

We have not had any issues with stability. This product has worked right out of the box. Once set up, we have upgraded a few times and never experienced any real issues with the tool.

We have not had any scalability issues. It has been able to successfully handle all the devices and information we have thrown at it.

The technical support guys are great to work with and know what they are doing. There are times when they are slow to respond, but I have always gotten my issue resolved.

We have used multiple solutions. We wanted something that would track everything on our network. The integration with the Traffic Analyzer (NetFlow) data we get from Statseeker really helped and it is awesome that they included this in the price. All other solutions seemed to want to charge extra for that feature. Ease of installation and setup was a bonus.

You install, add SNMP credentials, add devices and BAM. Done. Setting it up was easy, and, once you add a device, the data is there. No silly maps to play with and a simple dashboard were great. It also helped that they offer a full demo of the product. That allowed me to install the product and show management the capabilities. The week after I installed it, we used the tool to help identify an issue that we had been experiencing and it assisted greatly in resolving the issue.

Pricing is competitive. It’s not the cheapest solution, but it includes everything and does everything they claim. Be sure to be conservative on your port count, you will run over your licensing if you don’t. Estimate high so you can track all your ports.

We compared SolarWinds, Icinga, Snort, and MRTG.

What other advice do I have?

Get their full trial, try it out and use it to solve your issues, you will not be disappointed.

5.0.0
More Statseeker reviews from users
...who work at a Healthcare Company
...who compared it with SolarWinds NPM
Learn what your peers think about Statseeker. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2021.
456,719 professionals have used our research since 2012.