Statseeker Review

Provides us with very descriptive transmit and receive information

What is our primary use case?

Interface monitoring, mainly for interface statistics. We use it for monitoring up/down, capacity management, bandwidth utilization, reporting.

How has it helped my organization?

Prior to using it, the company was using something really basic, it was very slow and it didn't have descriptive statistics at all. Statseeker provides a lot more graphics, the reports are very user friendly, the tools are very easy to use, and it's very quick.

What is most valuable?

The most important feature for us is the interface statistics, because our customer normally asks us for bandwidth utilization reports. Statseeker has very descriptive transmit and receive information.

What needs improvement?

I spoke to James Wells from Statseeker. We use an application called Dynatrace, which was formerly Compuware, and he was saying that they might be able to integrate Statseeker with Dynatrace. What Dynatrace does is application monitoring. So if we went to look at say some statistics and we could see some high traffic, we could drill down into that traffic and then down to the application. So James was saying that could be possible, and that would be a great improvement.

More than five years.

Very stable, and the support has been fantastic. Every time I've had an issue they've always assisted me straight away.

Not at all, it's one of the best tools I have. It's so quick I could run reports in a matter of seconds, whereas with some of the other systems they take minutes. Sometimes they time out. With Statseeker, I could do the last year's reports in a couple of minutes. Very happy with it.

They always give me a call, and they're always at hand if I need help. Last time I did an upgrade they were on the phone right away, assisting me with almost every step, you could say. Tech support has been fantastic. I've had issues where backups have failed and they've sat with me to work out the problem. So very good.

They used a system called Cacti and it wasn't user friendly. To get to an interface it took a long time. You'd go to the router and from the router you had to find the interface. It wasn't as easy as Statseeker. With Statseeker you can just click on a router or switch, click on the Reporting Tool and it will show every single interface and you just click on the one you want. With this one you had to physically find them. The graphs weren't very good at all. It didn't compare.

We now feel the pricing is a good value. Previously we had a just a normal license but now we've got an Enterprise license. Since the Enterprise, it's been a lot better value. We did think it was pretty expensive before, but with the Enterprise license it's almost less than half that price.

If you have a number of accounts within the organization that use Statseeker, I would suggest get the Enterprise license.

What other advice do I have?

Go for it. I recommend it. I think it's great value.

It's an easy tool to use. Support is fantastic and Statseeker are always looking to improve. We've had a few meetings where they always ask for suggestions on how they can improve their system to tailor it to customers' requirements.