Statseeker Review

Proactively identifies a problem or gives you a head's up that it's likely to become an issue

What is our primary use case?

We use it for bandwidth monitoring and email alerts when there are significant events like interfaces or devices that are down. Those are our big use cases.

How has it helped my organization?

Just recently, we were having some issues with a certain site, and it was only Statseeker that showed us what the problem was. It was a lot of errors on a certain circuit. Then we were able to resolve that.

There are other tools for network monitoring, but not to the level that Statseeker does. It tends to consolidate a lot of the questions that we would be going to other tools for. It helps in picking and choosing the answer.

I think this solution has reduced the workload time of our network admin team. It reduces the troubleshooting time when there is a problem.

I would like to think that it's increased our network availability.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature to me is that the data is there and you can easily get to it. I don't have to worry about a whole lot of maintenance for the product, it just seems to always work.

I'm very satisfied with the solution's granularity in terms of network visibility. As far as granularity, it's the best out there.

What needs improvement?

Maybe they could provide a little bit more flexibility on creating custom dashboards.

The only other thing that I wish that they would implement soon is that they don't support SNMPv3 TRAPs. I would like to see that back in.

We've been using Statseeker for around 12 years.

It's very stable.

It tends to be very scalable, I don't have any problems at all. We have thousands of devices on it and we can easily add more.

It's very good. I very rarely use it, but when I do, they're very helpful.

I don't remember the initial setup, but upgrades are pretty straightforward.

We did the implementation ourselves.

I think Statseeker's support for traditional networks reduces cost. It reduces cost because we don't have to have as many people trying to troubleshoot issues. It also helps us forecast if we need bandwidth upgrades or something like that. This means the company isn't dragged down by a circuit that's overloaded.

I would say, last year we probably saved about $100,000 - $150,000.

We have permanent licenses so there's really no cost, other than ongoing maintenance. When I think about it, that's running us about $20,000 a year.

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely advise them to look closely at it because it's been a benefit to us and I believe that there is a lot of value there, especially if you're in a bandwidth-constrained environment. It's not as common nowadays, but back in the day when people were trying to push as much as they could down a single T1 line, it was a little bit more critical.

The biggest lesson I've learned is that everything is always changing on your network and Statseeker tends to show these things before they become bad things. So they anticipate, or proactively identify the problem, or at least give you a head's up that it's likely to be an issue.

I love it. I would give it a nine-plus out of ten.