Statseeker Review

Improves our troubleshooting ability through better visibility, but needs better reporting and alerting

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use for this solution is troubleshooting. We use it for logging and monitoring the routers and switches in the environment. It assists us with capacity planning.

How has it helped my organization?

This is a very cheap solution in order for us to accomplish what we needed to do in terms of providing visibility into the network. The visibility is such that it allows us to be a little proactive when it comes down to issues in the environment. It provides us with graphs and stats that we can use to make sure that there is not an issue with the network.

This solution complements our network monitoring. We have other products that provide a more comprehensive type of monitoring, and this one supplements that, especially for the retail environment.

It allows us to have some visibility into our service provider's equipment. It provides us the last-mile circuits down to the stores that we have.

It has helped our network admin team because it gives them visibility into the environment when there are issues. Workload-wise, I think it probably saves them time.

It just allows us to be more proactive. It gives a way to diagnose issues when they arise.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of this solution is the simplicity of adding new devices into it.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see more comprehensive reporting and alerting. We do have other, more expensive solutions that handle that aspect of it. However, it would be nice to be able to specify baseline thresholds. If we're approaching those then we would be alerted, and it would probably help us with our job of troubleshooting.

This is a very stable solution. It hasn't gone down.

Scalability-wise, it's a monitoring platform so it's pulling these devices via SNMP. I would say if I needed an additional service to take on the workload then I would just provide additional storage. It's very simple to install.

This component is so easy that we rarely needed to call support. When we did contact them then they were very effective. No issues.

The initial setup of this solution is straightforward.

We deployed this solution with our in-house team.

We have seen ROI through the ability to troubleshoot more effectively. That is where the benefits came in.

When it came to selecting this solution, it came down to cost. Our licensing fees are on an annual basis.

We looked at several options including Voyance, Computer Associates eHealth, and SolarWinds. The Statseeker solution stood out because it was simple to use and easy to deploy.

What other advice do I have?

This is a good solution in terms of ease of use and ease of deployment. It is a cost-effective solution that provides basic functionality. However, the bells and whistles that other vendors have will need to be provided or enhanced in Statseeker in order for it to compete.

The biggest lesson that I learned is how easy it is deployed.

I would rate this solution a six out of ten.