Statseeker Review

Easy to use and more stable than other products I have experience with

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use this solution for monitoring. We use the Mac version.

Our investment in this solution was customer-driven. When we have a request from a client business we look at what we have. If we cannot satisfy the request then we look into investments such as this.

How has it helped my organization?

The monitoring provided by this solution helps us to track down and solve issues.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of this solution is NetFlow.

What needs improvement?

In terms of being able to see everything at once, Statseeker is not quite there yet.

It would be very nice to have the Cisco ACI option included in the regular license.

The newer version has bugs in a feature that I want to use, so I am unable to upgrade from my current version because of that. They are aware of this problem and will let me know once it is solved.

The stability of this solution is great compared to other solutions, such as SolarWinds. Statseeker is one step further.

Technical support is great, and I don't think that I'm going to have an issue with them.

In the past, we used SolarWinds and find that Statseeker is more stable.

The initial setup for this solution is straightforward. Everything is online, and you simply follow the instructions on the web page step-by-step. It is very clear and nothing is difficult.

We performed the deployment in-house.

We pay a yearly maintenance fee of approximately $40,000 USD.

The Cisco ACI option is not included in the regular maintenance fees.

We evaluated ThousdandEyes and decided that it was not quite as mature as Statseeker, so we opted for this solution.

We also considered Splunk.

What other advice do I have?

While I would recommend this software to a colleague, I would also suggest running different products at the same time to see what works best.

I like this solution because I have used different products and I find this one is simpler.