Statseeker Review

Allows us to poll tens of thousands of interfaces at short intervals

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for this solution is fault management.

How has it helped my organization?

This solution has helped us to proactively identify issues and push some of those fixes down to tier one.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the quick retrieval of performance data, and its ability to poll tens of thousands of interfaces at short intervals.

The single pane of glass for fault and performance data is very helpful.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see NetFlow improved, with better reporting capabilities that are similar to Scrutinizer.

I would like to see some layer two and layer three topology mappings, similar to what NNMi and SolarWinds presents. For fault, it's very good, but for tier one, they like to see pictures.

This is a very stable solution.

The scalability of this solution is very good.

I would rate their technical support a nine out of ten.

We used HP NNMi prior to this solution. However, they out-priced themselves so we switched.

The initial setup for this solution is straightforward. This is a turnkey solution and it is very easy to deploy.

I implemented the solution myself.

We have not seen ROI.

We have used SolarWinds and HP NNMi. We decided that Statseeker was by far the best solution.

What other advice do I have?

My suggestion for anybody considering this solution is to evaluate at least four other products to see what works best.

I think that the NetFlow portion of the solution needs to be enhanced, but the fault and performance stuff is solid.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.