Statseeker Review

Useful for looking at historical traffic, but the user interface needs to be improved

What is our primary use case?

I was primarily using this solution for network traffic analysis. We are switching to another product.

How has it helped my organization?

If somebody is complaining about slow networking then this solution allows us to see various ports to find out whether they are being overloaded.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the ability to look at historical traffic.

What needs improvement?

A more user-friendly interface would help because it is sometimes difficult to find specific data that you are looking for. It would be nice if I could easily select individual interfaces.

It would be helpful to be able to view specific ports, more easily.

From what we have discovered, it is not really a single pane of glass.

Stability-wise, this is a good solution.

I do not feel that this solution is very scalable. It is sometimes hard to drill down and find specific interfaces that you need to track.

I have not dealt with their technical support.

We did not use another solution prior to this one. However, we are switching from Statseeker to Observium. The reason for the switch is that in Observium, the interface is really well-refined. You can select individual interfaces and you can pull up graphs really easily.

I was not part of the initial setup.

One of our in-house staff performed the setup.

I have not tracked the ROI.

What other advice do I have?

This is a solution that is useful when you can find the information. It would benefit from being able to view specific ports more easily.

For my recommendation, I would suggest Observium over this solution.

I would rate this solution a five out of ten.