Statseeker Review

Device status alerts help to track down problems faster and saves me time at my job

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for this solution is network alerting.

How has it helped my organization?

This solution helps us to track down problems faster. Whether it is a down network switch or a down router, we can get back online faster for the customers.

When we are alerted as to something going down, it could just be power related or a circuit from the ISP. After finding out that it is down, five minutes later I might get an alert to say that it’s back up. This saves me the hassle of having to contact the customer.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the alerts that happen when something goes offline, such as a network switch, router, or wireless controller. We also get alerts for temperature issues and IDFs.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see the solution incorporate diagnosis of the workstation. A lot of times, the Network Engineer will blame the network first, even though it might be a desktop problem. For example, the drivers might be outdated, the memory is horrible, or the CPU is overwhelmed.

I would like to see all of the reports put up in a nice, GUI format, that shows whether devices are up or down, and the severity of any problems.

This is a very stable solution.

This is a very scalable product that we could make even more use of. It could, for example, monitor all of our wireless access points, but we don't use it for that. Potentially, we would be overwhelmed with this much information. We use this solution mostly for switches, routers, and controllers.

I have not spoken with their technical support, as it is another person on my team who administers the solution.

We use other solutions to handle different devices. For example, we run SolarWinds and Network Reporter. We use Cisco Prime to monitor and report on our wireless access points. Cisco Prime also reports on switches and routers, but it would be nice to consolidate everything down to one or two products.

As our enterprise continued to get larger, we needed a solution that could support and inform us on a lot of devices. This is why we implemented this solution.

I did not perform the initial setup, but my understanding is that it was straightforward.

We handled the implementation and deployment in-house.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution because I like the alerting functionality for systems that are down or up.