Statseeker Review

Enables engineers to do their jobs faster and reduces troubleshooting time for network admins to pinpoint issues faster

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for Statseeker is for network monitoring.

How has it helped my organization?

It is quicker and faster responding to troubleshooting.

The solution reduces the complexity of our network monitoring because it can make my engineers do their jobs faster. The solution also reduces troubleshooting time for network administrators to pinpoint issues quicker.

In terms of network availability, we have a faster response to outages and thus, faster remediations in uptime.

What is most valuable?

It's fast and easy.

The solution's network visibility is very in-depth and granular. I can look at one-minute data points and it does not roll data up over time.

What needs improvement?

There is a little bit of room to improve in the alerting section to give some more options there. It's all I can think of right now off the top of my head.

The solution also has very good stability.

The solution has very good scalability.

Their technical support is very good. They solved every issue we've had.

We didn't really have a previous solution. It was kind of a home-grown solution, so Statseeker was easy. It was inexpensive. It fit the need and was very fast to get implemented.

The initial setup was straightforward.

We may not have a solidified ROI, but my engineers' time to troubleshoot was reduced so they can focus on other, more important issues.

The licensing cost is yearly and it's $5,000 to $8,000, I think.

We didn't really have a short list. It was just one or two. I think the other company doesn't exist anymore. We chose Statseeker because of the ease use, fast deployments, and simple interface.

What other advice do I have?

It's a great product and if you're looking for network monitoring, I would highly recommend it.

The biggest lesson I learned is that having one-minute granularity that doesn't roll up over time is incredibly important if we want to do any historical troubleshooting.

I would rate Statseeker as nine out of ten, not a ten only because it wasn't free.