Stonebranch Universal Automation Center Review

It has the possibility to connect multiple tasks in a workflow across domains and operating systems

What is our primary use case?

Centralized scheduling and file transfers running on a couple of hundred agents (Windows/Unix/Linux).

How has it helped my organization?

• We migrated multiple scheduling applications to UAC for less costs and more efficient management.
  • Scripting is also centralized in one library.
  • UAC has a lot of scheduling options for various tasks.

What is most valuable?

• The possibility to connect multiple tasks in a workflow across domains and operating systems.
  • Also the UDM file transfers and the possibilities which can be achieved with UDM scripting.
  • The GUI is also easy to operate and does not need installation since it is web-based.

What needs improvement?

• Virtual resource priorities could be better.
  • Maybe in the future, the use of queues.
  • Promoting objects to multiple environments at once.

More than five years.

Stability of UAC is good. When problems do arise, they can be quickly solved most times, so downtime is minimal. We are running a high-availability environment.

Its processes are easily scalable.

Throughout the years we have been working with UAC, the experience we have had with support has been very good. Technical know-how is great and also second line support is very helpful.

We used:

• IBM Tivoli Workload Scheduler
  • Redwood CPS for scheduling SAP tasks
  • Redwood Cronacle
  • Opalis, also
  • AT scheduling on Windows, and
  • Crontab scheduling.

We switched to UAC because we did not want all the other schedulers and corresponding teams. It is also more cost-efficient.

Since we do have many security rules in our company, we needed to use some external scripting for setting permissions, etc. Without these, installing is a breeze.

We hired an external business consultant who helped us with the installation. Also had a small vendor team (one person) to help us migrate one scheduling application to UAC.

No clue.

Choose an enterprise license to have unlimited agents, tasks, etc.

We did look at UC4 (Automic Software), but after evaluation, UAC had more to offer.

What other advice do I have?

No additional comments.