StorageCraft Cloud Backup Review

Good backup retention but it is not a reliable platform and it doesn't giving any sort of alerts that things are not working

What is most valuable?

The backup retention was pretty good. Being able to archive users who had been backed up is a good functionality. Even if they've been deactivated it'll keep the backups and keep them protected.

What needs improvement?

StorageCraft wasn't getting full backup coverage. It was backing up around 1 to 2% of the points. It was not a reliable platform and it wasn't giving any sort of alerts that things were not working. The majority of stuff wasn't backed up, so we really weren't happy with them. That's when we went on the look for a new solution.

I used StorageCraft for four months.

The stability isn't so good. We still use it for some of our clients.

Scalability is okay. Our clients are primarily small to medium-sized companies.

Support has been okay.

The initial setup was complex. A lot of solutions use app solutions to run the backups but StorageCraft is still using global admin credentials and had to set up different permissions in SharePoint and then exchange. It's a longer process and there's a lot more room for error in the configuration.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate StorageCraft a five out of ten.

To make it a ten they should focus on monitoring and being able to see in more detail what's happening with the backups. Errors should be reported. If coverage of Sharepoint should be optimized, clients would be happier to stay. Clients who are on Exchange are happier with StorageCraft.