StormRunner Load Review
We use it for spike testing before an application goes into production or before a big event.

Valuable Features

We've seen in the past where we have customers that use other performance testing products such as LoadRunner and Performance Center that they often have the need to do spike testing. Their testing for 1,000 virtual users running at the same time but before the application goes into production or before a big event, they need to scale up to 10,000, 20,000, 50,000, and so forth. We want to make sure that they can test to those specific limits and StormRunner allows us to do that.

Room for Improvement

I think the biggest issues that I've seen, and this is a personal view of mine, is that most of the HPE products have a common look and feel to them. I'd really like to see it be a little more customizable to a use and user standpoint. For example. I happen to be colors blind, so I'd like to see more vivid colors on the UI, and things like that. It would make it a little more flexible from the customer standpoint.

Use of Solution

I was formally an HP employee, so I've used the HP products in the past. I also was a former Mercury Interactive employee which was acquired by HP.

It's been extremely scalable as far as the testing that we've done with our customers. They've all been really satisfied with the scalability of the HPE products.

We've gone through the standard customer support and it’s been good. It's not quite to the level that an R&D would be, because they really get really under the covers to fix things.

Other Advice

It really doesn't need to be as flexible as some other solutions because it's right out of the box, it's relatively easy to use. You open up, you create a test in ten minutes and then you're able to run it.

1 visitor found this review helpful

2 Comments

Andrew LaytonConsultant

Customisable - yes please ! Especially getting the date format either ISO (2016-09-19) or localised. Annoying to think "I didn't test on 9th of August" ;-)
More seriously I want to use same script in several groups, different RTS.

19 September 16
Yonas DagReal UserTOP 20

is there any work around for transactional grouping and Ip spoofing?

31 May 17