Stormshield Endpoint Security Review
It provides centralized security control over applications, although it's only Windows-based.
- Multi-functionality - All-in-One (NAC, Encryption, Device control, APP control, HIDS/HIPS, AV)
- Easy in-use/to implement
- Disk/Portable Device Encryption and File encryption (only on file /directory level). Possibility to work with encrypted data outside organization environment
- Encryption Key recovery/Guest access to Wifi/Internet
- Flexible licensing policy - after computer end-of-life you can assign the license to another device
Improvements to My Organization:
- Enhanced End-Point security
- Centralized security control over Applications. Quick and fast security policy implementation w/o user session interruption (For example - after virus or suspicious program detection)
- One-point of End-Point control/Dashboard (No separate Apps management, Encryption, FW rule )
Room for Improvement:
- Only Windows based
- Dependence on MS updates and Service start-up priority
- No mobile device gradation/prevention using WPD (Windows Portable Device) policy
- Application control - only Whitelist/Blacklist (no templates and apps hashing)
- No custom rules available when tune HIDS, NAC (only predefined values)
If you need a Windows based multi-functional end-point security solution then this product is for you.
**Disclosure: I am a real user, and this review is based on my own experience and opinions.
Last updated: Oct 08 2015
Find out what your peers are saying about Stormshield, Broadcom, Sophos and others in Endpoint Protection (EPP) for Business. Updated: May 2021.
511,307 professionals have used our research since 2012.