Stormshield Network Security Review

A good protective shield that is easily manageable in a variety of environments

What is our primary use case?

We are an IT service provider not end users. We are the only service provider of this solution in Central Africa. I'm the CEO and a founding partner of the company.

What is most valuable?

I like that the solution can be managed in a variety of environments, and that it provides us with a shield.

What needs improvement?

Many products are in front of the firewall and anybody can pick them up and the firewall will crash. It requires protection of the software and the SD card to avoid that kind of damage. I don't feel the SD card is particularly secure.

I've been using this solution for two years.

This is a stable solution.

It is a scalable solution

Support is always and issue because they're constantly busy. It can take a few hours to get a response. When we sell the product to a new customer we also need to get through to them and it can sometimes take several days.

There are numerous differences in the various solutions. I feel we have more options with the Stormshield firewall and new features that we haven't previously had. Cisco, for example, doesn't have the features that Stormshield has.

Implementation is very simple although variable depending on the features that require management. If it's just about configuring to set up internet access with basic filing options, it would take less than an hour and only requires one person.

Licensing cost depends on the features that you need. VPN is included in the license, for example, but if you want to buy antivirus or anti spam, there is an additional cost.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution an eight out of 10.

More Stormshield Network Security reviews from users