Stormshield Network Security Review

It provides reports of which internal machines may have security issues by passively monitoring traffic, but it has no multi-master clustering for scaling.

Valuable Features

• Very good Web user interface
  • Reports about internal machines needing security fixes
  • Simple clustering

Improvements to My Organization

Tells me which internal machines could have security issues by passively monitoring traffic and spotting un-patched systems.

Room for Improvement

Being more cost effective. I went with a pair of Watchguard M300 recently when buying a new firewall cluster for our own use because it was way cheaper than NetASQ/Stormshield N700 while being faster, and it offers true multi-master firewall clustering if needed.

Use of Solution

3+ years

Not really.

None.

No multi-master clustering.

Very good. Because of their presales support helping me with initial setup, I decided to go with NetASQ in the first place. Support after the sale has been equally good as well.

Excellent.

Cisco ASA. Their GUI was OK for most things, but when I had to start messing with CLI, GUI was no longer safe option to use.

A bit more complex, because I turned on man security features. For simple packet filter it would be way easier than with Cisco.

Implementation Team

Both. Vendor helped us a lot during preparation and initial setup. Very pleased with their technical expertise.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

Lower prices for the entry level boxes. Competition is not bad at lower prices.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: My company is a partner with the local distributor of NetASQ on other products.
1 visitor found this review helpful