StorPool Review
Gives us top performance from our cloud service with low latency

What is our primary use case?

We started our cloud platform almost six years ago with OnApp. At that time, software defined storage was only a dream and we were forced to use traditional SAN. We were focused on performance, stability, and the possibility of expanding storage without changing hardware or buying new equipment.

StorPool gave us all of these: unbeatable performance from our cloud service, low latency, and great support. Our customers are more than happy with the quality of our cloud platform and we are more than happy with StorPool storage.

How has it helped my organization?

We started our platform with ordinary storage solutions, but they led us to many problems that took a lot of time to debug and resolve. Since implementing StorPool we have not had any downtime. We have high-performance storage that we can expand if needed. We can also provide custom solutions, based on StorPool, that work for our clients.

StorPool software is also cost-effective and gives us a pricing advantage over our competitors.

What is most valuable?

When we first tested StorPool, we were impressed by the performance and the option to expand our storage almost without limit. In the beginning, we used several servers and expanded storage when needed. Doing so, we gave our clients stability and ensured their needs would always be met.

What needs improvement?

At times we need to check the disks and do some minor operations. A friendlier user interface would be useful in such cases.

Three to five years.

We have never encountered any issues with stability. Even when some of our hypervisors went down, the data was protected and re-balanced over working servers.

We have upgraded disk space several times. It's easy and takes place without any interruptions.

Storpool support is top-notch. We can contact them at any time if we have problems or questions. We receive quick and detailed response.

We used a standard storage solution from QSAN, but we had issues with it at times. Also, it was impossible to scale without either buying a new one or requiring downtime.

All setup was done by Storpool, along with all necessary tests. They helped us a lot in upgrading the version of our platform to match their needs. Also, if there is a new version, they do full research into what we must do to update.

The licensing model is very flexible and is cost-effective.

What other advice do I have?

If your choose Storpool, you will receive a very good product, stability, top support, and absolutely qualified technical staff who are always ready to help.

StorPool has a great team of professionals that we can always rely on. That is why we are sure that our service will be uninterrupted.