StorPool Review

Enabled us to increase both our gross margins and performance while also decreasing latency

What is our primary use case?

We initially started using StorPool at three locations with a capacity of 250+ TB.
By implementing StorPool, we managed to increase both our gross margins and performance, while decreasing the latency to 0.19-0.26 ms up to 125,000 IOPS.

How has it helped my organization?

We now deliver all-flash performance and improved uptime with an SSD-based shared storage system. The reliability was increased due to the resilience and quality of StorPool.

What is most valuable?

Managing StorPool is much simpler than our previous storage system, especially having a CLI option which our previous storage system was lacking. Monitoring a StorPool cluster is also simple with the built-in JSON API.

What needs improvement?

Support for VMware is with iSCSI at this point. This is fine, but we're waiting for the full VMware integration they are working on.

Three to five years.

We have experienced no stability issues.

StorPool has seamless scalability. Add more hardware, and usable space grows seamlessly.

Тhe StorPool support team has been just great. They provided expert advice on all aspects of the hardware configuration, including recommendations on how to maximize performance, while reducing investments. Their responsiveness and technical proficiency were very impressive. This helped us to deploy the solution very quickly.

Before StorPool, we used a traditional redundant SAN with off the shelf hardware and commercial SAN soſtware. The previous system was not based on SSD, and the old SAN soſtware required a lot of overhead. Thus we went shopping for a new solution.

For us, StorPool offered scalable SSD based solution with high uptime and enterprise-grade support, at affordable prices.

After extensive research on software-defined storage options and thorough tests, we selected StorPool for its product quality and high resource utilization.

What other advice do I have?

We would recommend StorPool without reservation, to anyone who needs what they offer. The StorPool solution has met or exceeded our expectations. StorPool’s staff has been highly responsive, competent, and has performed their duties in a professional manner.