SuccessFactors Review
Enables provisioning, job scheduling, and a competency library for import and export. I would like better integration with Employee Central and Employee Central Payroll.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are:

• Provisioning
  • Job scheduling
  • Competency library import and export
  • Bulk employee export
  • BizX audit report (RBP & employee profile)
  • Candidate merge
  • Cloning company from stage to production
  • Admin user import

How has it helped my organization?

It has improved the way our organization functions as follows:

• It has a pre-configured master tenant which can run applications.
  • It consumes less time for deployment using SAP methodologies and best practices.
  • It has a quality gate in which they assure quality at the milestone of the project.
  • It can use the same methodology for small, medium, and large enterprises.

What needs improvement?

The integration with Employee Central and Employee Central Payroll needs improvement as the client is still considering on-premises solutions.

We have used this solution for over two years.

I have not encountered any stability issues at my level. I only know the Indian market.

I have not encountered any scalability issues so far.

I would give technical support a rating of 7/10.

I have used the following solutions:

• Adrenalin ERP: I have used this as a process owner. It is average, with limited ease of use.
  • Greytip HR: This is an average to good solution, but only for small and medium size enterprises.

The main reason for switching into SAP SuccessFactors was for its brand, ease-of-use, predefined solution per business scenario, and agility.

The installation was straightforward initially, but also complex and vast while dealing with data migration and mapping. You need good knowledge of the product.

You need a good background when dealing with MDF objects. You also need the right configuration and an understanding of SAP on-premise for hybrid scenarios.

If you are deploying SuccessFactors for the first time, the first step is to get clarity from the implementation team on licensed features about any module. Do this before gathering requirements, or before doing iterations, to avoid last-minute chaos.

What other advice do I have?

For enterprises, spend time choosing a product for its suitability as per your business process. Customization is limited in some cases, or inapplicable in other cases.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We are partners with SAP VAR and we deal with implementation services in the Indian market.