Sap065658 logo 300x300 0r 01

SuccessFactors Review
Offers out-of-box headcount and strategic reporting. The Learning module can be used for compliance training and talent development.

Valuable Features:

SF Learning and Employee Central are the most valuable modules in my experience.

SF Learning is a key element in making SF a tool with added value for the entire organization. All levels (managers, employees, HR, interns, etc.) can be involved in these processes and use SF Learning for compliance training, to improve their own skills, and work on their own talent development.

Employee Central is often the first full personnel backbone for a company. It offers all the possibilities to manage employee data, but even more important, it offers out-of-box headcount and strategic reporting.

For companies who are looking for a solution that supports their time registration and payroll processes, the SF solution will have some functional gaps. However, SF Employee Central is fast evolving and these gaps will be closed soon.

Improvements to My Organization:

It enables active talent development by the employees, instead of driven by HR.

Room for Improvement:

I would like more functionality in time registration, calculation and payroll.

Use of Solution:

I’ve been using SuccessFactors for three years.

Stability Issues:

We had stability issues multiple times; sometimes disturbing and in a few cases, it caused blocks for business.

Scalability Issues:

We have not had scalability issues.

I give technical support 2.5/5. It takes too long to fix issues and the impact on our business is often underestimated by SF support.

Previous Solutions:

We were using SAP Talent and Taleo. We switched to SF because of the SAP/SF roadmap strategy and insufficient integration options within Taleo.

Initial Setup:

Initial setup was straightforward. We aligned business processes, where needed, to the SF solution.

Cost and Licensing Advice:

Don’t go for the traditional implementation approach with remote/offshore consulting. Use an experienced implementation partner who has enough expertise in HR projects.

Other Solutions Considered:

We evaluated Taleo. It had insufficient integration options and was not a full-scope product. We also looked at Workday. It was not a full-scope product and was not localized enough for European HR.

Other Advice:

Choose an implementation partner wisely for the long term. One who has a proven record in SF implementations and understands your business. Go for phased go-lives and apply a template for rollouts. Use the momentum to optimize business processes and align where possible to the SF solution. Start this before you start the implementation.

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About SuccessFactors?

Our experts can help. 234,133 professionals have used our research on 5,903 solutions.