SuccessFactors Review
We like the UI, workflow configuration and role-based permissions.

What is most valuable?

User Interface - Gives a polished look for both users and administrators when they login and access the system.

Workflow configuration - Can configure any level of workflow for approval process with functionalities such as dynamic group, dynamic role concepts.

Role-based permissions - Can define a very clear role-based permission based on portlets or fields level permission.

How has it helped my organization?

The implementation has helped the organization by having a unified process across all locations.

What needs improvement?

Configuration transportation functionality is not available in SuccessFactor. If this functionality is introduced, a lot of time can be saved configuring individual systems.

I have been using it for three years.

We haven’t had any specific issues except for few issues related to the upgrade, which was resolved by SAP.

No specific scalability issues have been found.

I would rate technical support average to good.

We used legacy human resource systems in which there was no employee self-service functionality, as well as no workflow for the approval process. The authorization part was so rigid that it was very hard to maintain. Hence, we switched to SAP SuccessFactors.

The setup is straightforward and SAP provided adequate and updated version documents for reference.

There is room for negotiation with reference to pricing and licensing, which SAP supports.

There were other products evaluated, but we found SAP SuccessFactors to be more promising with reference to functionality and from an implementation perspective.

What other advice do I have?

The first activity any company should do is to streamline their policies and procedures, set a clear authority matrix and identify their reporting requirement before going for implementation. A good policy can add real value during the implementation.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: I work for an approved SAP SuccessFactor partner company. We do consulting, advisory and implementation services.