SugarCRM Review
Very basic UX and UI, but does what it says on the tin.

Very basic UX and UI, but does what it says on the tin. (disclaimer: I was using an old version but a lot of charities and smaller businesses seem to carry older versions for some reason. Probably because, with limited resources in smaller orgs, old software gets carried over)

I'm not sure why it needs to look like it was designed 10 years ago, though, but I guess that is a separate point.

The second time I used this (late in 2015) was to keep track of multiple projects and comms spread over 7 months. Putting so many things into SugarCRM became a much-hated-task, mainly because of the horrible UI. It felt like every dashboard was eye-torture.

Saying that, it has a small server footprint and is easy to set up. It means it can run on a relatively low spec server so much smaller organisations can use it.

Problems: It offended my eyes every time I needed to use it. The UX was designed by someone that hated users. Basic. A grind to use.

Benefits: open source version (called the community edition). Doesn't need a lot of server resources. Straight forward install.

Does it keep track of customer relationships? Yes, it does this.

Does it allow you to split out customers, companies, projects, activities...? Yes, it does.

Does it allow you to drill down? With a few too many clicks, yes.

Does it allow you to pull of reports and metrics? Yes it does.

Does it support things like other languages and currencies? Yes it does.

Will using it make you feel like you did something terrible in a previous life? Yes, yes it will.