Sumo Logic Review

It is simple to use and our developers can make error queries using it

What is our primary use case?

We use it to send our devices logs. It looks for application errors during the development, QA, and production. We also use it for troubleshooting in a production environment.

We use only the AWS version.

How has it helped my organization?

Before Sumo Logic, we had to login to every server and verify each error log to determine the problem. With this tool, we provide access to every developer team the ability to find errors, then they come to us and ask for specific help.

What needs improvement?

The dashboard has room for improvement, because sometimes it is a difficult to create a specific dashboard or query. This would be a nice place to correct problems.

Less than one year.

It is 100 percent stable. I have never had a problem.

We put a lot of stress on it, because all our servers (3000 to 4000) send information to Sumo from development to production environment.

They can store terabytes of data. We just need to create an agent to send information to them, and they take care of the rest of it.

Currently, we have a small environment. My biggest worry when using Sumo Logic is that we will pass 3000 to 4000 servers. That many servers isn't so impressive.

We have used the technical support twice and have received good answers from them.

The integration of AWS was really easy for us into the environment.

Purchasing Sumo Logic through the AWS Marketplace was a simple step. I think the company decided to purchase on the AWS Marketplace to consolidate the purchasing onto one bill.

We did evaluate other products. We chose Sumo Logic for its simplicity of use and our developers could make error queries using it.

What other advice do I have?

Sumo Logic provide a specific solution for logging. If you cannot handle every server or centralized system, it can provide specific access for your developers. This is helpful for an infrastructure or DevOps team.