Sumo Logic Review

We can easily search for what is wrong in our application through the logs

What is our primary use case?

Sumo Logic is for logging. You can use it as a centralized logging management system. You can send all your application logs to Sumo Logic, then you will receive a clear dashboard where you can see if there are any issues in you operations. It is pretty easy to troubleshoot any issues on your application using Sumo Logic.

How has it helped my organization?

It helps a lot because we can troubleshoot issues pretty easily.

We can easily search for what is wrong in our application through the logs. We don't need to go through all of the logs. We just make a search on the basis on some keyword, then we will see the actual problem in Sumo Logic.

What is most valuable?

With the alerting dashboards, you can set up some patterns. Then, on these patterns, you will automatically get alerts.

What needs improvement?

Currently, it has predefined patterns that we need to set up manually. We would like to have some type of predefined setup for the logs, making the setup easier by default, such as:

• What are the total number of error logs?
  • What are the total number of hits?
  • What are the total number of misses?

The stability is pretty good. I haven't seen more than two or three times when the dashboard has not been working, the logs are not available on the dashboard, or there is some latency in the logs. I always get the real-time logs on the dashboard.

The scalability is good. We have scaled from two servers to 50 servers, and it works well.

If you are enterprise level and your server size is more than ten or 15, then I would recommend to use Sumo Logic.

Initially, we used technical support because when we were new to Sumo Logic. So, we had some issues setting up dashboards. However, after a couple of hands on experiences, the product was pretty easy to use.

The technical team is good and helped us out.

The integration and configuration of Sumo Logic in our AWS environment was easy. If you can read the documentation, then you can easily set it up.

The troubleshooting part of Sumo Logic has solved a lot, e.g., if there is any downtime on the website. So, we have reduce our downtime by a lot with Sumo Logic because we can easily troubleshoot issues.

The pricing is a little high, but for the features that we receive from Sumo Logic, it suits the price. For some small organizations, the price might be a little high.

We have used other products, like Loggly and ELK Stack.

Our log sites are huge, and Sumo Logic was a good option for the large volumes. ELK and the other options were not working well with the large volumes.

What other advice do I have?

If you want to do a PoC with Sumo Logic, their documentation is very good.

The product is only on AWS. We using it on our production environment.