Sumo Logic Review

We don't have to provide credentials for everybody to look at individual systems to find their logs, but the product's interface is a bit cumbersome to use

What is our primary use case?

The primary use is incident alerting.

How has it helped my organization?

We use it to do cash, voids, reports, and find any number of abnormal errors in our APIs.

What is most valuable?

• The search
  • Email alerts

What needs improvement?

It took a bit of trial and error to get it set up correctly based on everything we had to do.  In the end, we had to send everything over HTTP, which was sort of a stop-gap. It was very hard to install the agents on AWS Elastic Beanstalk, which was disappointing.

The product's interface is a bit slow and cumbersome to use.

I have no concerns about the stability of the product. I feel it handles the stress we put on it very well.

The only limit to the scalability of the product for us is how much we are willing to pay. It should handle any size of our environment that we want scale up to.

Technical support has been great. If I have any issues, I have somebody I can talk to.

We have seen ROI. The product saves time. Because of it, we don't have to provide credentials for everybody to look at individual systems to find their logs.

The price scaling comes in a bit expensive.

We also evaluated Splunk. We chose Sumo Logic because we needed something to get logs off of individual sites.

What other advice do I have?

The product integrates well with our websites.

We have been using only the on-premise versions of this product, so we have not used the AWS versions.