Sumo Logic Review

We are able to diagnose problems before our customers

What is our primary use case?

We use it for logging and alerting for cloud only applications.

We are only use it from the cloud.

How has it helped my organization?

We are able to diagnose problems before our customers.

What is most valuable?

• It's reliable.
  • The Curry language is easy to use once you get used to it.
  • The user interface is pretty responsive.

Therefore, it was a cost value proposition decision.

What needs improvement?

There are some API gaps that are missing.

Three to five years.

It is usually reliable when we expect it to be. We haven't had too many outages. They announce outrages when they have them; more due to degradations when they have them. They have been more reliable than some other vendors that we are using.

We have had no issues with scaling.

We frequently reach out to tech support. We also have a technical account manager (TAM) and a customer success manager assigned to us. We have a fairly large account with them, so we generally get the responses that we need.

We have our own logging solution previously.

The integration and configuration in our AWS environment is automated. We automated it so every AMI comes ready with Sumo Logic and New Relic. Therefore, we have no issues.

We integrated with New Relic. Thus, we get alerts sometimes from Sumo Logic's logs as opposed to just native alerts when they are from CloudWatch or New Relic.

We look at ROI constantly. We put the amortized cost of Sumo Logic and New Relic right in the console that our service teams can look at. The ROI is good enough for us not to move away from Sumo Logic.

The AWS Marketplace pricing is borderline. Every annual renewal, we always contemplate if we are getting what we think we could out of it or could we do it cheaper with some other product.

I believe that we did look at another cloud-based solution, but I wasn't at the company during the evaluation process.

I would recommend to look at Sumo Logic, but also look at Datadog and Loggly. Look at some of the competitors who are also in this space.