Super Micro SuperBlade Review

Easy to set up with good technical support but does not scale well

What is our primary use case?

The product is primarily used for backup as a service.

How has it helped my organization?

It's just provided a solution that allowed us to install backup solutions, backup software, with a large number of disks.

What is most valuable?

The initial setup was straightforward.

We have found the product to be quite stable so far.

Technical support is quite helpful.

What needs improvement?

They need to improve their delivery time. It takes too long right now. It's something they need to work on.

The solution does not scale well.

We've been using the solution for about eight months or so. It hasn't even been a year yet. It's still quite new to us.

So far, the solution seems to be very stable. There are no bugs or glitches and it doesn't crash or freeze. It's reliable. The performance has been good overall.

It's not very scalable. We've maxed it out with the number of drives that it can handle.

We have close to ten users on the solution currently.

Technical support was pretty good. I'd give them probably eight out of ten. They are helpful and responsive and we are satisfied with the level of service provided to us.

The initial setup was not overly difficult or complex. It was straightforward. I'd describe it as simple. A company shouldn't have any issues with implementation.

The deployment is fast and only takes a few hours to execute.

We have another team that handles maintenance. I'm not sure how many people are required to handle that aspect of the product.

We handled the entire process n-house. There was no need to enlist the help of an integrator or consultant. We could handle it all ourselves.

I can no speak to the cost of the solution. It's not an aspect that I deal with directly.

While this solution is being used extensively, we're looking at other solutions.

What other advice do I have?

We're simply customers and end-users. We don't have a special relationship with this company.

We are using the latest version of the solution. I can't speak to the exact version number.

I'd advise those considering the solution to just plan ahead for the lead time on delivery.

I'd rate the solution at a six out of ten.

Find out what your peers are saying about Super Micro, Dell EMC, Cisco and others in Blade Servers. Updated: September 2021.
533,638 professionals have used our research since 2012.