Sybase Afaria [EOL] Review

​Instead of publishing a web page with the link to the app, now we publish the apps via Afaria and we know who installed the app.

What is most valuable?

App distribution and restriction policies i.e. device settings, and OTA updated restrictions. Other valuable features are the ability to black list/white list some applications and thus selectively install the productive ones!

How has it helped my organization?

Instead of publishing a web page with the link to the app, now we publish the apps via Afaria and we know who installed the app (software inventory component of Afaria). We also have a clue on how people use the corporate device and Afaria also helps enough with the telecom expense management.

What needs improvement?

It should be one shot! But in the current state, you have to set-up at least five components, and if you have more than one server (we have one master plus four slaves and two relay servers) it means about 25 “installations” (about 100 next, OK, finish, cancel).

We've used it for five years.

I think it depends on what you ask for. If they involve their dev team, then they can take a long time to get you a final answer, but on average the service is good.

I've not used another solution.

The installation manuals are not beginner-friendly.

We implement for our customers in an in-house manner.

I'm evaluating MobileIron.

What other advice do I have?

It is not a bad MDM platform to start with. I mean, for me it is doing what i need. In any case, i don’t have experience with others, so i can’t compare it.

7 SP8
**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We are SAP gold partners and we resell, install and give support for SAP Afaria to our own customers.
More Sybase Afaria [EOL] reviews from users