Sybase Afaria [EOL] Review

​It has enabled us to package and deploy enterprise mobile apps. It doesn't have as many features as MobileIron or AirWatch.

What is most valuable?

Standard MDM functionality.

How has it helped my organization?

It has enabled us to package and deploy enterprise mobile apps.

What needs improvement?

There were issues with Afaria not having as many features as MobileIron or AirWatch.

We used it from January 2011 to March 2014.

It's not great, but OK.

It's not great, but OK.

Afaria was selected due to owned by SAP and Accenture pushing it at the time, we did not have an corporate MDM or AppStore until Afaria was selected.

Fairly straightforward but took several weeks of configuration meetings.

Vendor team – my advice would be to do it in-house and manage deployments in-house.

Don’t pay a vendor per app to deploy, if you need vendor help use staff augmentation model.

What other advice do I have?

Check out all vendors and products before committing, once you begin with a particular vendor/product it is difficult to change.

6 or 7