Sybase Afaria [EOL] Review

​It has enabled us to package and deploy enterprise mobile apps. It doesn't have as many features as MobileIron or AirWatch.

Valuable Features

Standard MDM functionality.

Improvements to My Organization

It has enabled us to package and deploy enterprise mobile apps.

Room for Improvement

There were issues with Afaria not having as many features as MobileIron or AirWatch.

Use of Solution

We used it from January 2011 to March 2014.

It's not great, but OK.

It's not great, but OK.

Afaria was selected due to owned by SAP and Accenture pushing it at the time, we did not have an corporate MDM or AppStore until Afaria was selected.

Fairly straightforward but took several weeks of configuration meetings.

Implementation Team

Vendor team – my advice would be to do it in-house and manage deployments in-house.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

Don’t pay a vendor per app to deploy, if you need vendor help use staff augmentation model.

Other Advice

Check out all vendors and products before committing, once you begin with a particular vendor/product it is difficult to change.