Symantec Advanced Threat Protection Review

Protects us from email threats that include file attachments and embedded URLs

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for email threat protection. It automatically scans our emails, including attachments. It also provides a sandbox feature.

It is hosted within the Symantec cloud.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is Click-time URL protection. If there are any URLs in the email then they will be automatically scanned, and then opened.

What needs improvement?

The support for this solution can be improved because we are not receiving alerts for maintenance.

There are limits with respect to blocking files by hash value or blocking IP addresses, and these limits should be removed. For example, you can only block three thousand IPs.

I have been using this solution for two years.

In the past two years, we have had no issues with stability. We have had ninety-nine percent uptime.

We have one hundred and twenty-five users for this solution, and we plan to increase our usage in the future.

The initial setup of this solution is straightforward. It is cloud-based and not complex.

We did the configuration ourselves. We only needed to set up the IPs for the incoming and outgoing mail servers.

The pricing of this solution is inexpensive and affordable.

What other advice do I have?

This is a good solution, and whatever our requirement is, all of the features are there.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

More Symantec Advanced Threat Protection reviews from users