Symantec CloudSOC CASB Review

Good monitoring and threat protection with good stability

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case was trying to monitor all important sensitive files from the organization as they moved to the cloud.

We also used the solution to place a limitation on the file upload. There are some important keywords that were used in the organization. We created a policy in terms of keywords and we were monitoring for them. After six months of monitoring, we had blocked everything that needed to be blocked.

What is most valuable?

The monitoring and threat protection were the solution's most valuable features.

What needs improvement?

The data security needs improvement. We should be able to leverage it a bit better for situations where someone may be trying to upload documents onto the cloud application.

They are working on some machine learning policies like IDM and VML. Adding these would be a great benefit to the solution.

I was using the solution until the month of June 2019. We implemented the project for a client and have since submitted it to them.

The stability of the solution is very good. It's one of the most stable products on the market. It's generally straightforward and doesn't carry too much complexity. If we have Dropbox, we can get the API from Dropbox and it will directly integrate with the solution and we can directly push the policies over once we have the integration of the SAS applications.

The team is technically strong. I'd rate their support ten out of ten. If you face issues they are very good at helping resolve them. They can answer questions and help resolve problems right on the call.

The initial setup is straightforward. It's not something that's too complicated. We just give the provider the integration files and then we're able to integrate with the on-premises DLP.

Deployment doesn't take more than three or four days. There were two people involved in the deployment. One was quite senior with 10-20 years' experience and the other was myself and I had five or six years' experience.

What other advice do I have?

We're a Symantec partner.

The solution was a cloud instance and we integrated the on-premises DLP with the cloud DLP.

It was a cloud tenant, so there was an integration file that we have integrated with our on-premise DLP. It was integrated so that whatever policies we had on our on-premise DLP we extended to the cloud.

I was quite involved in the implementation and was one of two who handled implementation. The process was purely deployment. It was not a project whereby we had to create the policies.

I'd rate the solution nine out of ten. They are integrating some of the policies like UVM, IDM policy directory, machine learning policies, etc. Once those are in place, the solution will be complete.

Find out what your peers are saying about Broadcom, Microsoft, Netskope and others in Cloud Access Security Brokers (CASB). Updated: June 2021.
511,773 professionals have used our research since 2012.