Symantec Complete Website Security Review

Has quarantined and stopped many threats and potential attacks on end users but there's a need for increased firewall functionality

What is our primary use case?

Our company is both a partner and a reseller of this solution. The primary use case is for endpoint security for our customers. We have lots of security devices, but for the host itself or PCs in general, this is the best solution. Especially since we have a sizeable customer base.

How has it helped my organization?

There have been several incidents in which our IPS system or sometimes our firewalls, haven't been able to stop endpoint device attacks. Thanks to Symantec Endpoint Security it has actually quarantined and stopped many of these threats and potential attacks on the local PCs. Especially because that's from the end user side.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the endpoint security.

What needs improvement?

There's a need for increased firewall functionality and capabilities. I'm not seeing a competitive Symantec cloud product. Specifically, functionalities with security as filtering from the cloud. I am aware that there is a product, a proxy in the cloud but I have compared it with other vendors and I don't find it that powerful.

I think the worst thing that we're experiencing is very poor and inadequate technical support. It seems to me that tech support engineers aren't qualified to fulfill their job duties.

The major requirement is a firewall. That's the only thing we're lacking now.

More than five years.

There are too many bugs.

The scalability is poor. Nowadays a cloud solution is considered scalable in most respects. Our finding is Symantec still has a long way to go to achieve a good cloud solution.

The technical support is not that apt and not that good.

We've tried other endpoint security solutions but this tool seems to be the best when specifically comparing the endpoint security features.

The initial setup depends on the complexity of the project.

The maintenance of the equipment requires about thirty techs.

Pricing and licensing is stunted and licensing is expensive. We have many customers who are now thinking about other solutions due to the cost.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale of one to ten, with one being the worst and ten being the best, I'd give this solution a six out of ten. Primarily because of the lack of flexibility with technical support and because of the out-of-date features resulting in missing functionalities.