Symantec Cyber Security Services Review

Easy to use with a good user interface and excellent management capabilities

What is our primary use case?

I primarily use this product to maximize the filtration of my server. I use it for controlling the traffic, specifically internal traffic. We manage our users and are able to block users from accessing the internet if necessary. We mainly use the solution as a firewall.

What is most valuable?

The solution is very easy to use. It's not very complicated.

It's easy to control our users and to block users from accessing the internet, for example.

I'm able to easily manage my internet's bandwidth.

The firewall is fantastic. It's one of the most valuable aspects of the solution.

The initial setup is pretty easy.

The solution has good integration capabilities.

There's the opportunity to do a seminar with the company, in order for users to help better understand the solution.

The user interface is quite good. Everything is easy to find.

What needs improvement?

The solution needs to improve its reporting functionality. That's lacking right now. They need to change the layout or make it more functional. I would like to make reports according to groups. Right now, I can't do this.

The pricing is quite high and could be reduced.

I've been using the solution for five or six years at this point. It's been a long time.

The stability is good. It's even better than it used to be, as we'd initiated a lot of new rules.

The solution is scalable. A company can expand if they need to. There's a lot of integration capabilities as well that make it easy.

We have about 400 users on the solution currently.

I'm not sure if we'll increase usage in the future. We're actually considering changing solutions.

Technical support is quite good. We find them knowledgeable and responsive. We're satisfied with the assistance that they provide.

We're currently looking at another solution that is not as expensive. I sometimes do use Calico Control. I find the software on the solution is better than Symantec.

The initial setup was not complex. It's very straightforward. Even configuring the servers is very easy when you are implementing the solution for the first time.

The deployment is quick. It's doesn't take too long. We had about 11 staff members that handled the deployment.

We didn't hire a consultant or integrator. We handled the solution's implementation ourselves. It's fairly easy. We didn't need help.

This solution is expensive. We're looking for a more reasonably priced product currently, as we can't afford the yearly licensing fee.

Currently, we are paying about $3,000-$4,000 yearly. I don't believe there are costs above the standard licensing fee.

I don't have much experience with other solutions and their ability to handle firewall management. However, many can do email, management of devices, and threat management as well.

What other advice do I have?

We're just a customer. We don't have a business relationship with the solution.

We've been using the latest version of the solution.

I'd recommend the solution to other companies. Overall, I'd rate the solution nine out of ten.

More Symantec Cyber Security Services reviews from users