Symantec Cyber Security Services Review

Provides security transparently in the background, but the technical support needs to be improved

What is our primary use case?

We are channel partners and national distributors for this solution, and we sell it to end-customers across India. Our customers use this solution generally for cybersecurity, but more specifically as an anti-virus solution.

How has it helped my organization?

Symantec is extremely versatile, extandable solution. it covers all platforms, all OS & devices. APT, EDR, Patch management etc all under one roof.

What is most valuable?

The biggest selling point and the most valuable thing to our users is the brand name. It is a top priority in business and for our customers.

The technical aspects and the features of this product are all good.

What needs improvement?

As far as new ransomware and the next-generation malware is concerned, Symantec is not quite up to the mark. I wouldn't say it is the best, but average and competitive compared to other anti-malware security products.

The pricing and licensing need to be simplified because it is more on the commercial side.

Technical support needs to be improved.

In the next release of this solution, I would like to see more features for APT and ADR.

I have probably got a couple of hundred clients who are using this solution, and some of them have been using Symantec for 10 to 15 years.

Symantec Cyber Security Services is a stable solution that is working fine. It runs in the background at all times.

This solution is quite scalable.

On a scale of one to ten, I would rate technical support a three.

In my experience, I have seen that people tend to keep changing their cybersecurity products every three or four years.

The initial setup is simple.

Some of our customers have on-premises deployments, while others are using a cloud-based solution. The length of time for deployment varies depending on the number of users. For example, if it is being implemented for 1,000 users then it will probably take a couple of weeks to deploy.

On average, it takes two junior-level engineers to deploy and maintain this solution. Generally, the clients do the implementation themselves.

The list price is approximately $50 USD annually per user.

What other advice do I have?

For people who use this solution, it is updated automatically.

My advice to anybody who is implementing Cyber Security Services is to consider that alone, this is not a foolproof solution. They also need to install a firewall and some kind of APT (Advanced persistent threat) products. Essentially, it needs to be part of a security bundle.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

More Symantec Cyber Security Services reviews from users