Symantec Data Loss Prevention Review

Easy to manage and use with good dashboards

What is our primary use case?

The solution is primarily used for the prevention of data leakage mostly from email and external drives or thumb drives. It's also used for setting certain policies.

What is most valuable?

The solution is very easy to use.

We find the product is easy to manage and maintain.

Their dashboard is very good. It allows us to see everything on the system and provides a good overview.

Overall, it's a very good product.

What needs improvement?

Generally, we're not seeing any places for improvement at the moment.

The solution doesn't integrate well with other products.

We're not sure if there was an issue or a bug on the system recently because as of right now if someone sends out a compressed encrypted file, the DLP won't scan it.

The menus need to be updated.

I've been using the solution for about three years.

The solution is mostly stable. However, we do seem to have some sort of glitch or oversight happening currently where the DLP won't scan large compressed encrypted files.

The solution is scalable.

We've contacted technical support in the past, and have been satisfied with their level of support. However, we mostly deal with their partner, and not directly with them because their partner can just as easily solve any issue that we might face.

The initial setup was pretty straightforward. We didn't have any issues with it, even when we upgraded to version 15.

What other advice do I have?

We're just a customer. We aren't a Symantec partner or reseller.

We recently upgraded to version 15.

We like the solution. Currently, there are no plans to switch to a different product.

I'd recommend the solution to other organizations. I'd rate it eight out of ten overall.

Private Cloud