Symantec Data Loss Prevention Review

Enables us to protect sensitive and confidential data

What is our primary use case?

We work in the banking field. We deploy data loss prevention. Our branch protects our clients' data, credit card numbers, account numbers, and other confidential and sensitive data.

What needs improvement?

I would like for the administrator management interface to improve. It's kind of old and slow. Updating it would make this solution better.

We have been using Symantec for three years.

We haven't had any issues with stability.

I have actually contacted technology support twice. They never responded.

The initial setup is complex. It should be made simpler. The deployment takes around a day to day and a half.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it an eight out of ten. Not a ten because there are certain things that need improvement.

My advice to someone considering this solution is to look at your needs. Try a few products because there are some features that exist in other solutions like Forcepoint that do not exist in Palo Alto. You should choose a solution based on your needs.

I would recommend Symantec depending on the needs of the clients, but for me, Symantec is the best on the market.

More Symantec Data Loss Prevention reviews from users
...who compared it with Microsoft Data Loss Prevention
Learn what your peers think about Symantec Data Loss Prevention. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: August 2021.
535,015 professionals have used our research since 2012.