Symantec End-User Endpoint Security Review

Antivirus with built-in firewall and device control, but lacks advanced malware detection capabilities

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution is as an antivirus.

What is most valuable?

Some important features that are included are the built-in firewall and device control.

What needs improvement?

They are lacking the visibility that you get in a heuristical, next-generation AI product.

In the next release, I would like to see any of the features the next generation antivirus and GAV products have, especially the heuristical and the behavioral analysis. It looks at the behavior of the endpoint, and that is how it identifies something that is not to your normal pattern of working.

I have been using it for a year.

There are no issues in rolling it out. Rather, it's more in reporting.

One time we had an issue with knowing a true endpoint time and the reporting. There was a conflict with what was in the console. I think that it was a glitch in verifying the device count.

I have not contacted technical support.

What other advice do I have?

It's a great product at what it does, but it's lacking the advanced malware detection capabilities.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

More Symantec End-User Endpoint Security reviews from users
...who compared it with McAfee Endpoint Security
Learn what your peers think about Symantec End-User Endpoint Security. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,975 professionals have used our research since 2012.