Symantec End-User Endpoint Security Review

Has good anti-virus and firewall policies but their support has been lacking

What is our primary use case?

We just use it mainly for workstation protection.

What is most valuable?

The anti-virus and firewall policies are the most valuable features of this solution.

What needs improvement?

I think it's a good product but we've had some problems with their support and service. From the beginning of this year, I haven't been able to reach their support.

Last year, the support wasn't bad but this year I wanted to renew their license, but I can't reach anybody from their company.

We don't have any plans to replace them but we haven't been able to renew a license.

Sometimes there is a conflict with Windows 10 updates. There is a Windows server or Windows workstation startup after installing the new Windows update. We contacted Microsoft and they said the device caused an issue.

We have been using Symantec for eight years.

We were using some traditional licensing. Our company is a nonprofit, so we have a different price pricing model.

What other advice do I have?

The most important thing is the cloud management. I would like to see behavior analysis. These two things will be most valuable to the user.

I would rate it a seven out of ten.

More Symantec End-User Endpoint Security reviews from users
...who compared it with Kaspersky Endpoint Security
Learn what your peers think about Symantec End-User Endpoint Security. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
512,221 professionals have used our research since 2012.