Symantec End-User Endpoint Security Review

Lots of good features but can't be uninstalled and occasionally stops working unexpectedly

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for our routing in our corporate office and have it installed all over that place.

What is most valuable?

The solution works very well. It has a good IP signature and network.

The product offers a lot of very useful features.

It's good for large organizations. It's able to handle a lot of users.

What needs improvement?

The solution is very difficult to uninstall. There isn't really a way to uninstall the product at all, which is quite a headache.

It's also complicated to upgrade the product. They need to make these aspects much easier.

Sometimes the solution will just randomly stop working. I'm not sure why this happens.

The licensing aspects of the solution could be improved.

I haven't used the product for about five or six months at this point, so it's hard to say which features they are missing and new items may have been added since then.

I've been using the solution for the last eight to ten years.

We've never had issues with stability. There aren't bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. The stability is quite good and it's very reliable.

We've been in touch with technical support and have found them to be responsive and knowledgeable. We're satisfied with their level of service.

I was involved in the original setup and implementation of the solution and I found it to be quite straightforward. It's not too complex. However, it does take a good amount of time, and it would be better if it was faster or easier.

The solution needs better licensing options.

What other advice do I have?

I'd recommend the solution. If the company finds that Symantec fits their requirements, they should choose it. The product offers a lot of great features.

Overall, I'd rate the solution six out of ten. If they had a way to easily uninstall the product and if we could figure out why it suddenly stops working occasionally, I'd rate it a bit higher.

More Symantec End-User Endpoint Security reviews from users
...who compared it with Kaspersky Endpoint Security
Learn what your peers think about Symantec End-User Endpoint Security. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
512,711 professionals have used our research since 2012.