Symantec End-User Endpoint Security Review

Stable, works in the background, and doesn't seem to take too many resources

What is our primary use case?

I am using this solution for protecting myself from outside dangers. I am not using it on a daily basis. I open it very rarely. I open it only when I get an alert that I have got a suspicious file or something like that. I then go to the quarantine zone to check it.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is that I don't feel that it is there. It works in the background and doesn't interfere with my daily work. All the scans are done in the background. This is the biggest advantage of this product.

It works because I have never been infected since I have been using this solution. Its interface is also very good.

What needs improvement?

It can maybe send notifications when there is an update and everything is successful.

We have been using this solution for the entire life of our organization. It has probably been ten years.

It is completely stable. There are no issues. I don't find it slowing my laptop. I don't know if my laptop is powerful or the application doesn't take too many resources. A few years ago, the antivirus was slowing down computers and laptops, but now, I don't feel any such issue.

We have about 700 employees in our company, and a lot of them are using the same protection system.

I have an IT department that gives me technical support.

We did not use any other products in our organization. We have only been using Symantec products.

I was not involved in its installation. It was set up on the laptop before I got it from the IT department.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others. It is a stable product. I would keep on using it unless my company decides otherwise.

I would rate Symantec End-User Endpoint Security a ten out of ten.

Private Cloud

14.3
More Symantec End-User Endpoint Security reviews from users
...who compared it with McAfee Endpoint Security
Learn what your peers think about Symantec End-User Endpoint Security. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
536,244 professionals have used our research since 2012.