Symantec End-User Endpoint Security Review

Stable, scalable, quick and easy to install

What is our primary use case?

We are service providers. We use this solution for endpoint response and detections.

We use this in the banking sector regularly.

We also use it for automatic threat protection and for DLP (Data Loss Protection).

What needs improvement?

After selling this product, what we have observed is that the system gets slower, which is a major issue.

We would also like to see better pricing. It's almost double when compared to other products.

I have been using this solution for more than seven years.

We are using the latest version.

It's a stable solution.

It is scalable. If you get the proper licenses then it scales well. There are no issues with scalability.

We are service providers with many different clients. Some of our customers have 100 users, whereas others have 200, and even as many as 300.

We have completed several installations but have never contacted technical support.

We do a direct installation. It is cloud-based and we can create a diary on the Symantec site.

We create the ID and download the client package.

It can take five to seven minutes to install per node.

If it is in the same network, we don't require much manpower to maintain it. All of the usernames and passwords are in the system. We can deploy remote deployment and installation.

Symantec is expensive.

When compared with Trend Micro and Sophos, it is expensive.

Customers are required to purchase a license.

What other advice do I have?

We recommend this solution to others who are interested in using it. In some organizations, it is compulsory to use Symantec.

Hybrid Cloud
More Symantec End-User Endpoint Security reviews from users
...who compared it with Kaspersky Endpoint Security
Learn what your peers think about Symantec End-User Endpoint Security. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
512,221 professionals have used our research since 2012.