Symantec End-User Endpoint Security Review

Very stable and easy to manage but needs advanced threat protection

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the product for all of our desktops and laptops; we use it for security purposes - for endpoint protection.

What is most valuable?

The solution is constantly getting updated with the latest definitions.

It's easy to get it across to all clients. The agent installation is very easy and the agent will talk to the server.

It is very easy to managing everything in relation to the implementation and processing. The initial setup is very easy.

The solution scales quite well.

The solution has proven itself to be very stable over the years.

Technical support has been pretty good in general.

What needs improvement?

It would be great if the solution could match up with the competition's offerings - for example, making sure they are keeping up with, for example, CrowdStrike and other offerings.

They need to ensure they are continuously keeping up with cybersecurity trends.

If the next release contained advanced threat protection and EDR, et cetera, it would be really fantastic.

If the agent can be minimized so that it can work with in-memory concepts, that would be ideal. As of now, it is file-based, signature-based. If they should come with an in-memory option, it should work at the random-access memory level also.

We've been using Symantec for the past two decades. It's been a long time. I have years of experience with the product.

The stability has been very good. We haven't had any issues in that respect. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. Its performance is very reliable.

The solution can scale if you need it to. If a company needs to expand it, it shouldn't be a problem to do so.

I can't speak to how many of our users are currently on the product at this time.

As of right now, we do not have plans to increase the usage within our organization.

Technical support has been very good so far. We find them to be helpful and responsive. We're quite satisfied with the level of support we get.

The initial setup is not overly complex. It is very simple and straightforward. A company shouldn't have any issues with the initial implementation.

We may switch to another solution and we are evaluating a variety of options currently. We have not come to a decision just yet. We simply want to see what else is on the market and how this product stands up to other solutions. We're mostly just curious to see what is happening in the space. We've looked at, for example, CrowdStrike, among others.

What other advice do I have?

We are a customer as well as an end-user. We don't have a professional or business relationship with the company.

We only ever use the latest version of the solution. I'm not sure what version number we are on right now, however.

I would rate the solution at a seven out of ten.

More Symantec End-User Endpoint Security reviews from users
...who compared it with McAfee Endpoint Security
Learn what your peers think about Symantec End-User Endpoint Security. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: August 2021.
535,015 professionals have used our research since 2012.