Symantec End-User Endpoint Security Review

Best support, easy to deploy and update, but needs more advanced features and more integration with other vendors

What is our primary use case?

We use it for endpoint security.

How has it helped my organization?

We no longer have to deal with day-to-day threats, and we can focus more on work. Whenever there are some problems, our operations don't stop. So, we can continue our work knowing that there is a good security solution protecting us.

What is most valuable?

Its ease of use in deploying it and regular updates are most valuable.

What needs improvement?

It can be improved in terms of features and integration. It should have more advanced features and more integration. Currently, it is just talking to their own solutions. They could add more artificial intelligence, more XDR, and more integration with other vendors so that we can do sharing of information with other vendors.

I have been using this solution for more than five years.

It is not stable in terms of the company. They have already been bought many times. A lot of people are changing brands because of the acquisition of Broadcom. So, it is not much stable.

They are the best. There is no problem in regards to response time. You can easily get technical support.

Its initial setup was straightforward.

They're on the reasonable side. They are at mid-level. They're not too expensive as compared to their competitors. They're also not too cheap. In terms of price structure, hopefully, they could do a subscription.

What other advice do I have?

If you are looking for regular endpoint security, you can count on Symantec, but if you're looking for more advanced security or have advanced requirements, or if you have a big company that has different security products in place, you might as well look for another one. I could suggest Symantec if your security appetite is not that big.

I would rate Symantec End-User Endpoint Security a seven out of ten.

More Symantec End-User Endpoint Security reviews from users
...who compared it with McAfee Endpoint Security
Learn what your peers think about Symantec End-User Endpoint Security. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,535 professionals have used our research since 2012.