Symantec Endpoint Detection and Response Review

Dashboard shows new and unknown threats in the environment but support isn't so responsive

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are that:

• It is easy to connect
  • Global settings are good

What needs improvement?

I don't see much room for improvement. I am not an analyst for this product. I just manage this product for an analyst. I like the dashboard, it has lots of information like threats and we can see activity on the dashboard. It shows new and unknown threats in the environment. This feature is very good for EDR monitoring and management.

We have been using Symantec EDR for the last year. We also have Symantec Endpoint Protection

We are facing our own issues that we are checking to see if it's secure. We are working on this with support but they are not able to fix that now. We haven't had any issues regarding the features. It works perfectly.

Scalability is good.

We have contacted technical support multiple times. They are good but not excellent. We had a few issues and it took them a long time to respond.

We did the POC within one week and the entire deployment took one month.

What other advice do I have?

It's a good product if you have a lot of SAP solutions.

I would rate it a six out of ten. Not a 10 because it works on version 14 but SAP clients have some issues and EDR is different on SAP. That's why I wouldn't recommend it for other systems. It works only with SAP clients. That's why I'm giving it a six. It would get higher if it worked on all networks without the help of SAP.

More Symantec Endpoint Detection and Response reviews from users
...who compared it with McAfee Active Response
Find out what your peers are saying about Broadcom, Microsoft, FireEye and others in Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR). Updated: June 2021.
523,372 professionals have used our research since 2012.