Symantec Endpoint Encryption Review

It doesn't hamper the performance and is well integrated with Symantec Messaging Gateway and Symantec DLP

What is our primary use case?

We use it on laptops and desktops. We use it for email, file and folder, and command-line encryption depending upon the customer's needs.

We are a service provider for Symantec products. We also use it in our company. We have around 50 to 60 users.

What is most valuable?

Disk encryption and file and folder encryption are the most valuable and used features.

It is also very well integrated with Symantec Messaging Gateway and Symantec DLP, which is helpful in protecting any kind of information that goes outside. Symantec DLP catches an email and sends it to the encryption server. The encryption server encrypts the email and intimates to the user that confidential information is being sent out. The administrator can then take appropriate action.

What needs improvement?

Its remote deployment should be improved. Currently, there is no remote deployment for Symantec Endpoint Encryption. You have to install it manually.

There are some issues with AD integration and the time taken to reflect a password on the Endpoint Encryption Manager when a new user has changed the password, but they are already working on these issues, and these will be resolved in the next release.

I have been working with this solution for 14 years.

Currently, their support is less and slow. If I open any case, it is handled after two or three days, but their support will improve in the next two or three months.

The initial setup is straightforward. The deployment duration depends on your hard drive. It can take 5 to 10 minutes, half a day, or one day depending on the size of the hard drive. For 80 GB of data, it will take 7 to 8 hours depending on the hard drive and the RPM of the hard drive. For an SSD, it will take less time to encrypt the data.

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely recommend this solution. I have seen a lot of endpoint encryption products, and Symantec is the best because it doesn't hamper the performance of the machine. If you use McAfee, it hampers the performance of the machine.

I would rate Symantec Endpoint Encryption an eight out of ten. Right now, there is an issue going on with their support. That's why I'm not giving it a ten out of ten.

14.3
More Symantec Endpoint Encryption reviews from users
Learn what your peers think about Symantec Endpoint Encryption. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
536,244 professionals have used our research since 2012.