Symantec Endpoint Encryption Review

We can handle remote people very easily with it

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is just endpoint protection. It is the basis of our whole infrastructure for security staff.

How has it helped my organization?

It ensures that we are kept on the same page of the latest version, as updates are being rolled out.

We can automate the solution. It is very simple, and we can handle remote people very easily.

What is most valuable?

The management console: Being able to quickly control who sees what, ensures we are on the latest version, and up-to-date.

We now have visibility on our metrics.

What needs improvement?

I would like them to have integration with a wider range of non-Symantec products.

It is the industry standard product with the common set of features, but we would like extra features added on.

Less than one year.

It is pretty stable.

We are a small company. We have had no issues with the scalability nor do we anticipate issues as we grow.

The product works best with large companies, but if you will be opening multiple branches (scaling up), the product may be a fit for you.

The technical support is very good and responsive.

I don't know what they had before because I am new to this role.

At first, the initial setup was a little complex. Once I understood what I needed to do, it became straightforward. So, initially, there was a bit of a learning curve. For example, I needed to understand that I wasn't overpaying for the number of seats that we needed based on how we expected to scale up for that number of employees that we had.

We upgraded to the latest version within the last six months.

It can be expensive. However, if you plan to scale or are at a large enterprise company, this product could be what you need.

I used to work at Symantec, so the team chose the solution based on that. There wasn't a rigorous evaluation process. Though, I am sure that we also looked at Palo Alto Networks.

What other advice do I have?

Give it a serious look.

Our security team is more on the immature side rather than the mature side, as we build thing out. This automated solution puts us at the base level where we can get better. We went from not being happy with what we had to this product.