Symantec Endpoint Encryption Review

A solution that offers good encryption, good stability and an easy setup

What is most valuable?

The encryption feature is very good.

As we're just in the testing phase, we haven't explored many other features in-depth yet.

What needs improvement?

When we started at that time, the engineers configured the solution only for our roaming users. Now, we have to reconfigure to SQL because we have almost 10,000 clients. We have to do this through SQL because we cannot keep a record of each client.

The agent can be improved on the solution. Right now, we have an Endpoint Protection agent as well as an encryption agent and another for the DLVs and other services. We would prefer a single agent for the entire product.

Endpoint Encryption should be the same as Endpoint Protection. However, for security purposes, we don't want to show to the client the hard drive encryption and all of those related features. If the solution could remove this visibility on the client level and keep it on the control level of the server, that would be better. We don't want to show to the user the security policies.

I've been using the solution for 3 months.

We haven't had any issues with the stability of the solution.

The scalability of the solution is fine.

We haven't had any issues with the solution yet, so we've never had to contact technical support.

The initial setup is not complex. It's very easy. Deployment time depends on the client and on the machine. Some machines take 24 hours, some machines take three days. Some machines even take up to a half-day. It depends on the hardware.

We had assistance with the integration.

What other advice do I have?

We're using the on-premises deployment model.

I would rate the solution eight out of ten.